Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I need to submit a transcript if I withdrew after one semester?

Hi all -

I attended a Doctoral program in Fall of 2014, hated it, realized I had to make some serious career path changes, and withdrew after 1 semester. Unfortunately, while I attended all classes until the end of the semester, my grades were deplorable, as I was pretty checked out. And I mean deplorable.

Do I assume correctly that regardless of the fact I withdrew so quickly, I still need to send in my transcript to LSAC?

This period in my life is pretty well addressed in my personal statement and an addendum, but any other suggestions to remedy this? My Undergrad GPA is 3.56 so obviously I would hope this one crap semester shouldn't be indicative of anything to admissions officers.

Thanks very much.

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited September 2018 3652 karma

Yes. Ws are still grades.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Yes, you will have to submit it. Luckily though, they only calculate your undergraduate GPA so it won't affect your official GPA that law schools use. But you still have to submit transcripts for any schools you attended.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    edited September 2018 2689 karma

Yep. Everything you have ever done. High school dual enrollment? Yep. That correspondence school you did through the mail? Yep. Took a bunch of classes somewhere that had nothing to do with your degree? That, too. Even if it doesn't help or hurt your GPA, and even if LSAC doesn't wind up counting it at all, send it anyway.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I had to submit a transcript from a school that I withdrew from in the first semester (after the add/drop deadline). I got 0 credits from that school lol. That's what addenda are for!