Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I’m redoing the CC, is there any point in taking another diagnostic after a year+ break from studyin

_oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
edited January 2018 in General 3652 karma

I quickly went thru the CC last year over the summer before my senior year of undergrad and did an awful job at it. Didnt take it seriously, didn’t really take notes, skipped RC, skipped a lot of the beginning which I thought was unnecessary and basic like of course I know premise/conclusion.

I stopped studying in November 2017 to take a “break” and never really went back to it.

Now I’m really taking my time with it and realizing how many nuances there are in just identifying premise/conclusion.

I think my diagnostic likely be similar to my first diagnostic and it will be discouraging and stressful. if there is any sort of benefit I’ll take it.

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

You already took a diagnostic. You probably improved since then, but I wouldn't take another until you're further along in the CC or finished with it.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@"surfy surf" said:
    I quickly went thru the CC last year over the summer before my senior year of undergrad and did an awful job at it. Didnt take it seriously, didn’t really take notes, skipped RC, skipped a lot of the beginning which I thought was unnecessary and basic like of course I know premise/conclusion.

I stopped studying in November 2017 to take a “break” and never really went back to it.

Now I’m really taking my time with it and realizing how many nuances there are in just identifying premise/conclusion.

I think my diagnostic likely be similar to my first diagnostic and it will be discouraging and stressful. if there is any sort of benefit I’ll take it.

The only benefit I can think of is that it might give you a better idea what to really focus on as you redo the CC.

As to whether it is worth it, it probably is since there is hardly any cost unless you are running low on fresh PTs. If you are, I would skip it.