Is it detrimental to your applications to have more than a # of LSAT scores or cancelations?

LSATSurvivorLSATSurvivor Alum Member
edited February 2018 in General 228 karma

If schools explicitely state on their websites that they only look at your highest LSAT score, will they care about your # of attempts or cancelations? Since there are no more restrictions on how many times you can take LSAT, I am wondering, let's say, five LSAT scores on your record is going to be deterimental on your application. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited February 2018 23929 karma

@LSATSurvivor said:
    If schools explicitely state on their websites that they only look at your highest LSAT score, will they care about your # of attempts or cancelations? Thank you in advance.

Maybe? No way to know for sure how much they take those things into consideration. However, it seems that most admissions professionals agree that your highest recorded score seems to be all schools will focus on when applying. This is due to the fact that the highest score is all the need to report.

Doubt they care about cancellations though.

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

I wouldn't think so. It would be nice if you could explain in an addendum why you had to go through multiple attempts though. For instance, if a student cancelled a score because he or she fell to a seizure in the middle of that particular administration, no one would blame him or her for it.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I don't think so. I know someone with 5 takes and they are performing just as expected with their highest score/GPA. They even got JS1 at Harvard, so idk, I doubt schools care tbh. I feel like they would raise an eyebrow if you went from like 160--130--170. that might look a bit weird but even then they will just take your 170.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    edited February 2018 3788 karma

I took the exam five times. And my cycle has been progressing around what you would expect for my highest lsat score.