Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

100% section score on BR. Now what?

dlr60657dlr60657 Alum Member
in General 41 karma

So I took a PT last week, felt good on sections 1 and 2 (LR and LG respectively). Sections 3 and 4 (LR and RC) felt particularly tough, and I ran out of time on both. Ended up with a super low score--I know, I shouldn't look at anything until after BR but my curiosity was killing me. During the test, the questions after 15 felt SO hard and I ended up leaving a few blank, which is weird for me since I usually finish LR in 25-30 minutes.

Anyway, I ended up going back through and BRing really, really well in sections 1-3,100% on that second LR section that gave me hell. (To avoid as much bias as possible on my BRs I just print out another test and take it again with no time pressure.) So I figure that my level of knowledge in LR is pretty damn good if I can blind review well. I guess I scored so poorly in that section (65%) because of time pressure, and that more practice will make me quicker on tougher sections. I went back and watched explanations for questions that seemed tricky and reviewed my methodology, but I feel like I got everything down. Is there anything else I should do when reviewing after nailing it on BR?

Thanks!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I mean, you have to examine why you missed the questions you did and what you're going to do differently next time. Simply chalking it up to time pressure won't do you much good next time since that same timed pressure will be there.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Great BR score. It indicates you have potential but you need to focus on honing your skills so thar you can get that score in a timed setting. In a timed setting, what kinds of questions gave you a hard time? A specific question type? Maybe you spent too much time on easy to medium level questions