Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tell me about your relaxation routine the day before the LSAT!

kshutes13kshutes13 Member
edited February 2018 in February 2018 LSAT 634 karma

Wanted to make this post after seeing @akistotle's post on movies to watch pre-test day.

For those who are taking the February test on Saturday, what are you planning on doing Friday? I'd love to hear about everyone's ~relaxation~ routine (and maybe steal your ideas). For those who have already written, what did you do the day before the test?

In the morning, I'm gonna get to the gym and get a really good, stress-relieving workout in. Gonna come home and make myself chocolate chip pancakes cause lord knows I haven't had time to make a decent breakfast in months. I booked a massage for myself at 11am cuz why not!! Then I'd like to go for a nice walk outside. Afterwards, I'll probably chill and read a book until dinner. I'll try to cook a nice meal and spend time with my family. Then, for the evening, I want to have a spa night with a bubble bath, candles, tea, and a cozy movie. Hopefully be in bed by 9 or 10pm because I am a grandma.

I've been looking forward to this day for months.

What are you planning on doing the day before the LSAT?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I think you mean @akistotle's thread! :)

Either way, sounds like a very nice, well-deserved, relaxing day!

Good luck

• kshutes13kshutes13 Member
    634 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    I think you mean @akistotle's thread! :)

Either way, sounds like a very nice, well-deserved, relaxing day!

Good luck

WHoops I did! Edited. Thank you ;)

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Lol 9 or 10pm?! I go to bed at like 8:30pm Monday - Friday! You're not a grandma.

For me relaxing consists of video games - hours and hours of them. Rocket League and Monster Hunter!

I'm easy to please lol

• OneFortyDotSixOneFortyDotSix Alum Member
    634 karma

I'm going the exact same! Bike ride in the morning, get a massage, cook a nice dinner, maybe watching a goofy adam sandler movie, then bed by 9.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@LSATcantwin do you have a gaming pc? If so do you plan to bring it to law school?

@LSATcantwin said:
    Lol 9 or 10pm?! I go to bed at like 8:30pm Monday - Friday! You're not a grandma.

For me relaxing consists of video games - hours and hours of them. Rocket League and Monster Hunter!

I'm easy to please lol

13286 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:
    @LSATcantwin do you have a gaming pc? If so do you plan to bring it to law school?

@LSATcantwin said:

I'm easy to please lol

I do and I do!

GTX 1070
    Samsung SSD 1TB/1TB HDD
    16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
    MSI Z170-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

Sorta a cheapish/lavish build combo haha

I also have a 55 4k LG TV that I won for free when I worked at Best Buy :D

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@LSATcantwin said:

I'm easy to please lol

I do and I do!

GTX 1070
    Samsung SSD 1TB/1TB HDD

When did you buy your GPU? I wish I had upgraded before the crypto-boom inflated GPU prices so much. Sitting on a 750 ti that I never use lol. Doubt I'll upgrade that before law school, but I'll definitely go for a new cpu once the hardware fixes for bugs "cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2" are pushed out.

3788 karma

I have samsung evo ssd and a gtx 1050TI. Got the 1050ti before the crypto boom on sale for 110 dollars. Now its 300 lol

@LSATcantwin said:

@LSATcantwin said:

I'm easy to please lol

I do and I do!

GTX 1070
    Samsung SSD 1TB/1TB HDD

13286 karma

@10000019 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@LSATcantwin said:

I'm easy to please lol

I do and I do!

GTX 1070
    Samsung SSD 1TB/1TB HDD

When did you buy your GPU? I wish I had upgraded before the crypto-boom inflated GPU prices so much. Sitting on a 750 ti that I never use lol. Doubt I'll upgrade that before law school, but I'll definitely go for a new cpu once the hardware fixes for bugs "cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2" are pushed out.

Around Sept of 2016! I built the whole PC around then. I splurged a bit, in retrospect I probably spent a bit too much, but the PC has last and still preforms well!

edited February 2018 3788 karma

The 6600k is a b3ast. I have it too

@LSATcantwin said:

@10000019 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@LSATcantwin said:

I'm easy to please lol

I do and I do!

GTX 1070
    Samsung SSD 1TB/1TB HDD

Around Sept of 2016! I built the whole PC around then. I splurged a bit, in retrospect I probably spent a bit too much, but the PC has last and still preforms well!

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

I'm easy to please lol

wait if you go to bed at 8:30 nightly, what time do you usually wake up every morning?

13286 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

I'm easy to please lol

wait if you go to bed at 8:30 nightly, what time do you usually wake up every morning?

Monday - Friday I wake up at 5:30am

I LOVE sleep...(I normally lay awake in bed until at least 9:00 though)

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    973 karma

@kshutes13 said:

I've been looking forward to this day for months.

Wow I love this mindset! I've been feeling really nervous, but I think I'll use this to get me excited-- we SHOULD be looking forward to Saturday! We've studied hard and this is a chance to show our stuff <3 best of luck!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Hahah moving away from computer builds and back to pre-test days...

When I took the test in December, I took the day before off work. Unfortunately I had to take my car into the shop that day. But, I dropped it off and then hung around that area doing my favorite things. Went out to breakfast at one of my favorite spots - a biscuit shop. Had an amazing biscuit with egg, tomato jam and bacon breakfast sammie, went on a short bike ride. Popped into the movie theater and watched Thor Ragnarok, ate a bunch of popcorn. Went to happy hour with some friends - had tacos but no alcohol! Picked up car, went home, caught up on a couple of my favorite TV shows, went to bed early (for me haha) around 10pm. It worked well, I was able to get up really early, go for a brisk walk, do some warm ups, and get to the test center with enough time to snag good parking.

I'm registered for February but unfortunately think I'm going to withdraw. Life has been crazy the past month or so and I haven't had any time to study since the December test. And now, coincidentally, I was selected for jury duty this week. Served on a jury and finally just finished today and I feel totally mentally exhausted and stressed about the work I've missed this week. I don't think I'm in a good mindset to take it on Saturday. Sigh.

But, best of luck to you and anyone else taking it this weekend!

• pioneer321pioneer321 Free Trial Member
    328 karma

In December, my preferred testing center was kinda far from my house so I got a hotel to stay there. I love watching Friends to the point where I binge on the entire show, about once in 3 years. So in trying to take my mind of the test and relax, I just kind of binged on the fifth season while eating some bomb take-out. Somehow managed to put myself in bed by 11 (what a difference that made compared to zero sleep on my first take).

Good luck tomorrow, you got this!