Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I wait for my score to apply?

edited February 2018 in Law School Admissions 10 karma

I took the December LSAT and underperformed (and new it) and also took the February LSAT and feel like I did much better. For some of the schools I'm applying to, my Dec. score is at or just below the median, but for many of the schools my expected Feb. score is above their medians. Should I wait until I receive my Feb. score before sending in an application? Will LSAC/CAS include my February score once it is reported if I apply today? I'm struggling because everybody tells me earlier is always better, but there is such a disparity between my low-160s Dec. score and expected high 160s Feb. score, I want to make sure the significantly better score is included in any application I complete. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    edited February 2018 3521 karma

If your GPA Is above their medians also, I would send apps now to the schools that have LSAT medians below or at least close to your LSAT (-1 or -2 points).

And maybe you should apply to all schools already, since it's getting really late in the cycle.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

I would apply now. But assuming u did better on the Feb exam, have you considered waiting a cycle? You can get more money than you would've had you applied this late in the cycle.

• Thanks for the advice, unfortunately waiting a year isn't really an option for me. I'm mostly concerned about it logistically, if CAS will still send the February score even though an application has already been submitted.

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    edited February 2018 1501 karma

@seancunningham718 said:
    Thanks for the advice, unfortunately waiting a year isn't really an option for me. I'm mostly concerned about it logistically, if CAS will still send the February score even though an application has already been submitted.

They will automatically update the schools you've applied to once your score comes in. You should have a section on the application to note you have an upcoming score coming from the Feb test. You may also want to inform the school (s) you have a score coming, just to cover the bases, they'll likely our your file on hold but in my experience the school would recommend you go ahead and apply with that pending score on its way.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@seancunningham718 said:
    Thanks for the advice, unfortunately waiting a year isn't really an option for me. I'm mostly concerned about it logistically, if CAS will still send the February score even though an application has already been submitted.

Not to worry, there are section in the application where you can indicate that you have taken a February LSAT. Law school are also notified when you have registered for the LSAT. I hope your score comes out well and your cycle goes well too!

• @"sbc.mom_3x" said:

@seancunningham718 said:

They will automatically update the schools you've applied to once your score comes in. You should have a section on the application to note you have an upcoming score coming from the Feb test. You may also want to inform the school (s) you have a score coming, just to cover the bases, they'll likely our your file on hold but in my experience the school would recommend you go ahead and apply with that pending score on its way.

This is really helpful, thanks!

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    edited April 2018 1028 karma