Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7Sage Fam, help a dude out with an admissions decision...

cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
edited March 2018 in General 737 karma

Hey everyone!

After about 2 years studying inconsistently for the LSAT while working full-time for the past 4 years as a bilingual teacher, I ended with a lousy 148..

I was disappointed with my score because over the winter break, I was PT'ing at around 3-4 points higher since I had so much time. Then the break ended, and I was

I didn't apply to many schools considering my score and that I want to stay in Texas, so I only got accepted into South Texas College of Law, Oklahoma City University (10k scholly renewed each year), and St. Mary's College of Law in San Antonio.

I'm currently 27 (will turn 28 in July), and although I honestly think the best decision would be to retake the LSAT, I'm tempted by some of the programs/clinics and what I've heard overall about STCL from friends who have graduated from that school.

My short and long term goals are the following: short term: I'm interested in immigration/family law. long term: I've always dreamed and aspired to become a sports agent, so I'd be looking to some contract law, adr, stuff like that.

I'd love to hear everyone's honest and candid feedback. I'm tempted to start this Fall, but I have to think with my head and not my heart...

Comments

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

I don't think this is one of those things you can study inconsistently with and see results. Like, there's no walking away for a month. A week, tops, if you absolutely have to. I've been feeling so guilty because I had to take a couple days off for family and school work.
    I think if you really put in the effort and commitment, you'll see gains. Like going to the gym. You have to go often to see any progress. If you only stop by every so often, you're not likely to see results.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I'd push things back a year to try and raise your score and maybe redo the CC. I think you'll improve.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

You should postpone enrollment and study for the LSAT over the summer. The LSAT's ROI potential is massive.

• hrafiqhrafiq Alum Member
    24 karma

i was in a similar situation this year & i think it is sort of up to you in terms of where you really want to go and whether you think by attending these schools you'll be settling on your dream school.

if you study consistently you're likely to see gains and can sit out this cycle and then next year you can apply to these schools and some others so you'll never have to wonder what if!

BUT if you see yourself being happy at these schools & not wondering back if you should have tried again then go for it!