Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is WUSTL your reach school?

saberatisaberati Alum Member

My reach school is WUSTL - I have a friend who is a 1L there and had the opportunity to have lunch with a professor and sit in a class. I'm smitten.

I scored a 161 on the February LSAT. I'm an older student so there's a decade gap in my undergrad. My most recent GPA is 3.75 (one full time semester) but my overall GPA is 2.9 because of my early (under)performance.

My personal statement was about an experience which inspired me to pursue law school. I have a strong work history and I've spent the past couple years working at a nonprofit which offers pro bono legal services.

So far I've been accepted to Mizzou w a 60k scholarship. If WUSTL is your reach/dream school , I'd like to hear your story.

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I'm sure you know this, but i'm gonna say it anyway. Don't get your hopes up too high on your reach school. It's awesome to have this dream, but it's not healthy to be too attached to something that is so uncertain. It's not like you can work hard and get in, it's literally out of your control at this point.

That being said, I wish you the best of luck. WUSTL is an amazing school

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@Ohnoeshalpme said:
    I'm sure you know this, but i'm gonna say it anyway. Don't get your hopes up too high on your reach school. It's awesome to have this dream, but it's not healthy to be too attached to something that is so uncertain. It's not like you can work hard and get in, it's literally out of your control at this point.

That being said, I wish you the best of luck. WUSTL is an amazing school

I would have to disagree here. If OP decides to retake and get more points on the LSAT, WUSTL will certainly become within his reach. Presuming he or she hasn't reached their practical cap, OP can definitely get into WUSTL with hard work.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Yeah im with @westcoastbestcoast iv seen major admittance to splitters in wustl. And some with large money. With a high LSAT score there is alot of opportunity

• saberatisaberati Alum Member
    94 karma

While I appreciate your concern for my health, Ohno, you mis-inferred the point of my post. Colloquially, a reach school is something we hope for, but don't necessarily expect admission to.

Note that I did not solicit advice on how to get in to WUSTL. I'm starting a conversation with other applicants who hope for, but don't necessarily expect admission to WUSTL.