Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Price Change—7 Admissions Unlimited Left at Old Price

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
edited May 2018 in Law School Admissions 7286 karma

Hi 7Sage,

Heads up! On May 31, we’re increasing the price of Admissions Unlimited to $699. We’ll sell twenty-five more packages at the old price of $599. If and when those sell out, you’ll be able to purchase Admissions Unlimited at the new price.

What’s Admissions Unlimited?

Admissions Unlimited entitles you to as many rounds of editing as you need in order to brainstorm, draft, polish, and proofread one essay.

If you hire us for help on a personal statement that you haven’t started, we’ll begin by sending you a list of prompts. When we see your answers, we’ll schedule a phone call to continue brainstorming and outline your essay. Afterwards, we’ll play ping pong: you’ll send us a draft, we’ll send it back to you with notes, and so on. Our feedback tends to focus first on big-picture issues of structure and story before funneling down to more specific issues of language and tone, ending finally with a triple proofread: first by you, then by us, then by a third-party professional.

You can use Admissions Unlimited for any sort of essay or résumé, not just a personal statement, and we’re happy to work on essays that you’ve already drafted.

I think of Admissions Unlimited as our foundational service. We believe that editorial guidance lies at the heart of any consulting service—you are, after all, presenting yourself to an admissions office via essays—and we tend to hire consultants with a deep background in creative writing and editing. This product is about as far into our wheelhouse as you can get, and it’s what many of us are doing in our free time: brainstorming ideas for stories, then refining, revising, and re-envisioning them until they shine. We won’t spoon-feed you sentences or help you realize our vision for your personal statement: we’ll try to make your essay more itself.

If you’re looking for advice and guidance on every aspect of your application—including all essays—you should consider Comprehensive Consulting, but Admissions Unlimited is a great choice for price-conscious 7Sagers who want to take advantage of our core expertise.

Why are you increasing the price?
The short answer is that we want to pay our editors more and give you a better experience. For example, we set the price before we included a third-party proofread.

The longer answer is that our pricing is unbalanced. We originally believed Admissions Unlimited would take about three rounds of editing on average, so we priced it at three times an Edit Once. In reality, most of our Admissions Unlimited customers require more than three rounds—occasionally, many more. (It really is unlimited). We think the new price is a better reflection of our time and costs.

Can I buy Admissions Unlimited now and use it later?
Yes! Admissions Unlimited doesn’t go stale. You can buy it at the old price and sit on it until you’re ready to use it, or you can get a head start on your applications for this fall.

Thanks for reading, everyone!

Comments

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    edited April 2018 5120 karma

@"David.Busis" said:

Thanks for reading, everyone!

Thanks for writing the post for me to read!

Appreciative of the Admissions Webinars and have attended most of them and know from my fellow 7Sage friends your services have been invaluable in their app cycle :smile:

One question I have is how do you match up the admission advisers with the pool of people that have paid for the services?

Do you have any metric to determine how everyone is paired to provide a personal experience to build a relationship especially progressing from the basic to comprehensive package? Attending the webinars has shown that the entire staff is capable of providing the services provided and appreciated how diverse the staff is in their personalities. We are not "one size fits all" just as the admissions staff provides many different personalities to support us on the next stage post LSAT.

For me, I would want to have the opportunity to have at least a brief dialogue with the person that I was going to invest money to help me achieve my goals and hope they would feel the same way - similar to how you would have a conversation before entering into an agreement with a tutor or how JY provides his LG videos for everyone to have a chance to recognize his skill and want to be a part of 7Sage.

Random assignment is causing me concern. Hope for clarification :)
    Thanks!

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    edited April 2018 7286 karma

Great question, @twssmith. When you make your purchase, you'll get an automatic email asking for a short and informal bio, a résumé, and (if you buy Consulting) a few other things. We use that information to match you with the consultant whom we think will be the best fit.

Email editors@7sage.com if you'd like to speak to me about the process. I'm happy to answer more questions.

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7286 karma

Update! Because of high demand, we've added 7 more Unlimited Editing packages at the old price. These will be the last.