Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

foolproof LR

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member

Any suggestions on how to "foolproof" LR, especially LR questions you got wrong?

Also, any advice on how to get better at identifying and understanding LR cookie cutters? Thanks!

Comments

• SamiSami Yearly + Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited April 2018 10801 karma

Hey,

One, is to watch JY's explanations. Make sure that you go beyond just listening and think about carrying lessons to the next similar question you come across.: )

I would also do a concise summary of the argument and try to find similar arguments in previous sections that you have done before. This will help you to see how they are similar across different question type. For example, you are going to find causation argument in flaw question type, strengthen, weaken, and in necessary assumption as well. Each time you are reviewing a question, see if you can do other operations on that question as well.

I would also draw my own parallel argument as well. This makes sure that you actually understand the argument structure and can apply, just like the LSAT writers, that argument in different context.

Make sure that your fundamentals are down. You want to do almost all of the questions that require conditional logic without drawing anything on paper. So keep working and reviewing those drills and quizzes in core curriculum to keep up your skills.

Lastly, realize that LSAT to a huge degree is about grammar. We often tend to overlook this. So make sure to do those grammar drills and each time in review break the grammar down of the stimulus.