Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resume gap due to full time LSAT prep

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
edited April 2018 in Law School Admissions 1755 karma

hey all

i graduated college in 2017. I started studying for the LSAT in July 2017 with intention to take it in September or December. Well, the LSAT is really hard and when September and December rolled around, I wasn't ready. I've been studying for the LSAT full time since around July 2017 and have made a lot of progress from my initial diagnostic score. I am planning to take the LSAT in either July or September 2018, and then hopefully send out law school apps in fall 2018.

Given that I've spent almost an entire year studying for the LSAT full time, do i or should i or how should i explain this resume gap in my law school applications?

During my period of full time studying, i've done some volunteering at my local church, but have not taken on a full-time job because i realized i needed more time for LSAT prep.

I saw TLS1776's on TopLawSchools LSAT prep sticker, and how he took of an entire year to full time prep for the LSAT, and then scored a 180.

For me, the LSAT has been taking me a lot longer to prepare (and tougher!) than initially expected, but I would rather spend 1 year of intensive full time study than drag out LSAT prep to 2 or 3 years if I had taken a 50-hour week job instead.

FYI: I've done summer analyst position internships at large Fortune 500 companies during my summers in undergrad, so I have had professional work experience. It was only after graduation that I realized I wanted to go to law school, and started studying for the LSAT.

would love anyone's advice or feedback. thanks!

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

No need. Make sure that volunteer experience is included in your application though.