Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problems with Second LR Set

chjschjs Alum Member
edited October 2014 in Logical Reasoning 21 karma
I don't know if anyone has this problem but whenever i take the test which ever LR i do first i get -5/6 on but when i do the second set i get -14wrong. It keeps happening during my prep and when i looked back at my lsat sept score i had the same problem. Does anyone have this problem and/or know why/how to fix it?

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Yea I have sort of the same problem. There's always fluctuation in my correct answers either in the first LR part or the second. I think it might have to do with concentration when you do the second LR part, especially if its the third of fourth section and you're mentally exhausted, or it might be that there's questions types your're unfamiliar with in the second part. I think for me, it's both: the mental exhaustion and the fact that I have trouble with sufficient assumption/flaw questions.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Seems like a stamina issue. So work on stamina. For example, do longer tests or many LR one after another.
  • chjschjs Alum Member
    21 karma
    will try that, thanks guys!
  • deedsLsatdeedsLsat Free Trial Member
    35 karma
    I have the complete opposite issue.. what are you doing before you PT that keeps you alert/focused?

but in your case, identify your strengths and weaknesses and try to see any similarities. at times it could just be that the second LR was harder.
  • K-MagnetK-Magnet Alum Member
    283 karma
    I just want to make a separate note about psyching yourself out.

Even though you see this 'trend', do not psych yourself out & think the trend will always happen.

You don't want to be thinking negatively about the second LR, thinking oh no, I always get more wrong. That is NOT a good start to a section!

Instead, be positive that you are correcting the problem now.

And be positive when you approach the section --- whatever sort of positive thinking may work for you: oh this is the final LR! oh I will own this even more than that other section! another chance to do my thing! etc etc (And if you so happen to get another LR on the experimental, then oh! one was experimental!)

Good luck with your LR practice & just keep building that mental stamina.