Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR problems with no real patterns

pjanderson5pjanderson5 Free Trial Member
edited November 2014 in General 238 karma
Hello all,
I am getting between 4-8 wrong on LR each section, yet am not really exhibiting any pattern of getting certain questions wrong. I always have a mix of which ones I get wrong. Do I just keep drilling sections do improve this? Because so far it hasn't helped all that much. Anyone who has good input is appreciated!

Comments

• BD MillsBD Mills Alum Member
    35 karma
    If you aren't recognizing any specific question related issues then you might want to try identifying if there are some performance issues. For example, I often get about 4-6 LR wrong and have noticed that many of them come back to back or within a few q's of each other. For me, I get thrown off by losing momentum. If you notice these kind of things for yourself you might benefit from taking a moment to relax and regain focus.

Another possibility is time. Some questions are more difficult not because of the specific question type but because of unfamiliar vocabulary or run-on sentence. If you spend too much time analyzing those questions it may result in you losing momentum for it, and subsequent questions, especially those immediately following.
  • pjanderson5pjanderson5 Free Trial Member
    238 karma
    @BD Mills do you recommend just doing a bunch of practice LR sections?
  • K-MagnetK-Magnet Alum Member
    283 karma
    @pjanderson5 any patterns in the *content* itself? Perhaps they are not related via Question types but are related in that they are the more 'abstract' stimuli of the section or rely most heavily on lawgic or rely on conditional statements or deal with those accident rates/speed limits etc etc. You might see a trend in the content -- so that is worth checking.