Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How clean is your room?

OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
in Off-topic 2531 karma

I'm sure this relates to the LSAT somehow...

How clean is your room?
  1. My room is...94 votes
    1. Very clean
      21.28%
    2. Mostly clean
      34.04%
    3. Mostly not clean
      29.79%
    4. Always a mess
      14.89%

Comments

• Tim HortonsTim Hortons Alum Member
    edited April 2018 389 karma

Perhaps there's a correlation between very tidy rooms and doing well on the LSAT? Meticulous minds, attention-to-deal sorts.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

@"Tim Hortons" said:
    Perhaps there's a correlation between very tidy rooms and doing well on the LSAT? Meticulous minds, attention-to-deal sorts.

Yeah, i'd guess that it is associated with a person's aptitude for logic games. Also organization and cleanliness seems to be prevalent among successful attorneys.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@"Tim Hortons" said:

Perhaps there's a correlation between very messy rooms and successfully dealing with any confusion caused by the LSAT. Big picture minds, not miss the forest for the trees, and still be able to remember where things are in the mess.

I doubt it though. I bet the appearance of cleanliness and organization in an office is important for a lawyers percieved professionalism which I'm sure matters to some degree in careers.

• testfromawaytestfromaway Alum Member
    280 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

Perhaps there's a correlation between very messy rooms and successfully dealing with any confusion caused by the LSAT. Big picture minds, not miss the forest for the trees, and still be able to remember where things are in the mess.

I'm here with a not-super-clean room BECAUSE I'm busy dealing with confusion caused by the LSAT. Cleaning is nice but that's a half hour I could spend studying lol

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited April 2018 3072 karma

My room is super organized. (P.C. police)

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

My room is a mess - like - only I know where to find shit. I can find stuff like instantly though!

• rsrochlinrsrochlin Free Trial Member
    26 karma

I have to have my room neat and tidy because my life is a MESS and I need something to be in order tbh

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

Are you asking this in a Jordan Peterson-esque way? :)

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited April 2018 4423 karma

@testfromaway said:

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

I'm here with a not-super-clean room BECAUSE I'm busy dealing with confusion caused by the LSAT. Cleaning is nice but that's a half hour I could spend studying lol

Yes, causation could definitely go that way too.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

This is funny to me, because I'm not sure which camp I fall into. My room is clean and organized but far from meticulous. My car however...looks like a hoarder nest lol. But its all there for a reason! I frequently go straight from work to happy hour, friends places, or sporting activities. So I have multiple outfits, shoes, soccer ball, frisbee, longboard, goggles , swimsuit, backpack, Xbox controller, tools etc in my trunk/backseat. That said, I will not tolerate trash or filth

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited April 2018 2531 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    Are you asking this in a Jordan Peterson-esque way? :)

"clean your damn room" I probably asked a little bit nicer than he would xD

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

I've been FP-ing games and I need to pick up those plastic things to put my papers in...so logic games stacked everywhere.

• edited April 2018 439 karma

My room is usually a mess but it's because I work full time and study on top of that and don't have a girlfriend. So, I mean, like, why? But I do clean it when I have time and nothing more important going on.

• OneFortyDotSixOneFortyDotSix Alum Member
    634 karma

room is very neat and tidy. just don't open my closet.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

I am very type B. Everything is a mess to those who don't understand what they're seeing. It may well look like a pile of papers, but I know what's in that pile. Someone goes and tries to organize it, and now I can't find anything anymore. I am much more fastidious at work, however. Go figure.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited April 2018 3652 karma

Having an organized workspace is important. I won’t study well if there’s a bunch of shit on my desk, it’s distracting and makes my space smaller which naturally will make anyone feel more anxious/mentally cluttered. You’re not gonna be taking the LSAT in a messy cluttered space so your room shouldn’t be a mess either. I work over time and study at least 20 hrs a week, it takes one second to make sure your dirty clothes make it into the laundry bin and don’t end up on the floor and your papers are at least in a small pile and not strewn about.

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma

Room is clean. I pick up all the mess I have in the room that needs to be sorted/organized/taken to other room/ field/etc and shuffle it in the closet. I then close the door to the closet and pretend like I have it all under control.

• 615 karma

Well, you can certainly put everything in the closet, but that requires some effort.
    I just go to another room so I don't have to see or clean all the mess.
    Out of sight, out of mind.

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

I guess this question is for active college students. My desk is no where near my bedroom and depending on what i'm doing, can look a mess. My bedroom is relatively tidy. I go in there just to sleep and get ready to head out.

• lTexlawzlTexlawz Free Trial Member
    277 karma

Every room is my home is immaculate and there is not a spec of dirt. I am very much clean person. I can't stand dirt any where.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

My spaces tend to cycle. I'll clean to meticulous perfection, and then I'll obsess over something for the next month, ignoring everything else. By the end, the place is a mess and I'll take a day or two to obsess over cleaning and return everything to its former, spotless glory. And then the whole thing starts over.

• ad_coelumad_coelum Alum Member
    285 karma

The clothes in my closet are arranged in color order. That should tell you everything you need to know. Ha!

• AidoeAidoe Free Trial Member
    236 karma

How clean is my room? Ask your mom.

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    edited May 2018 1723 karma

Well I had a meme...but it won't post.

The LSAT causes my room to be messy.