Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Difference in admissions between taking a June 11 and July 23 LSAT?

hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member

Hey all! Would appreciate some thoughts on this question:

I took the February 2018 LSAT, and while I think my score was pretty good, I know I can do a few points better, at least. My goal was to take the June 11 LSAT coming up, but I'm graduating university in 2 weeks and with that, finishing my senior thesis, and finding a job, I feel like I have a TON on my plate and basically no time to study.

For those who have applied or are in the know, would you say there's a huge advantage admissions-wise between taking the June 11 and July 23 LSAT coming up? I know earlier is better, but I can't imagine that there would be any difference since most people apply in September at the earliest.

Comments

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

No difference at all for admissions. The earliest you can apply is in sept, and you will have your score back before then for both. The only thing about July is it’s undisclosed. But if you get a score you are satisfied with then that really doesn’t matter

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

Agree with @June2018Taker, there is no difference. I will caution that writing personal statements, supplemental essays and other application stuff takes way longer than most people expect. So if you take in july, you might want to start drafting essays and filling out apps sooner. I tested in sept. '17 thinking include easily finish apps by the time I got my score back and still be early for this cycle. Ended up applying in January and it's definitely hurt me. So budget time for application work betwixt lsat studying and either June or july should suit you fine

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

@June2018Taker said:
    No difference at all for admissions.