Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help, from a very nervous student

bruin2016bruin2016 Alum Member
edited April 2018 in General 8 karma

So as I'm slowly making my way through the course I'm nervous that although I do the practice questions well I'm afraid that I'm not doing enough. I work full time as a litigation assistant, as some of you may know and probably have experienced this position is extremely demanding and at times I find it difficult to sit down and focus after a long day. However, every Saturday and recap and get things done. At times I find myself wondering if anyone used any other study materials i.e books along with the course to help them or are people just solely relying on the course? I have all the powerscore bibles and read them once A LONG LONG time ago, would it be worth it to re read them and continue this course? I haven't taken a prep test because my first one acouple months ago was TERRIBLE. idk just nerves and wanting to find a way to conquer this test. So far, I feel like this course is explaining things in a different light and helping me understand things better.

Admin note: edited title (no all caps please)

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

My n=1 opinion: Given your outside time constraints, I would focus right now on the CC. If there is a specific topic / category that just doesn’t click for you, I’d ask a question in the forum (option 1) or go to an outside source (option 2 after option 1 has failed). However, I’m of the mind that you have to give the system a chance to work for it to work. Given your limited amount of time, I’d concentrate all my efforts on one source instead of spreading it (your effort) across 2 or more.

And as far as your PT score from a while back, don’t worry about it. We all start somewhere and that score only reflects a singular point in time way back then. Get your learn on now and take another PT When.It.Is.Time (and no sooner).

Good luck!

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

In my opinion the core curriculum is sufficient to get you to the answer of any LSAT question. Whether you decide to supplement with other materials is up to preference.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited April 2018 3652 karma

Just do the 7Sage CC. I’m a litigation assistant too, I feel you on the stressful highly demanding job. I’ve been waking up just 40 minutes earlier to do logic games before work and I spend half of my lunch break drilling LR or RC (after I chill and eat for ~30 min), and then after work I got home and review what I did at work and do more drilling. Since you’re still in the CC, just print out the problem sets and do some before work and on your lunch break. Then when you get home if you only study for an hour or two, or if you’re tired and don’t even want to study, at least you got an hour in during the day.

• bruin2016bruin2016 Alum Member
    8 karma

Thank you! I think I'm going to start doing that. That helps to know others are in the same situation I am!

@"surfy surf" said:
    Just do the 7Sage CC. I’m a litigation assistant too, I feel you on the stressful highly demanding job. I’ve been waking up just 40 minutes earlier to do logic games before work and I spend half of my lunch break drilling LR or RC (after I chill and eat for ~30 min), and then after work I got home and review what I did at work and do more drilling. Since you’re still in the CC, just print out the problem sets and do some before work and on your lunch break. Then when you get home if you only study for an hour or two, or if you’re tired and don’t even want to study, at least you got an hour in during the day.