Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

#HELP I need direction on studying

kshuffield28kshuffield28 Alum Member

Hey there! I think I need some direction.The first time I took the LSAT I made a 144. I am registered to take the test again in June. I am studying every day in May and hope to get my score up one or two points at least.I bought the $180 corse in 7sage, and have only done some of it. But I just took a practice test to see where I stood. I digressed. Because time is limited, are there any sections I should specifically zoom in on before I try my text practice test? Any advice on where I should devote my time?

Thanks for any #help!!

Khloe

Comments

• edited May 2018 439 karma

What is your weakest section? That will tell you a lot. Most people say LR>LG>RC. LR because there are 2 guaranteed sections of it, so it's worth twice as much as the others. LG can lead a large points increase, but not worth focusing on unless your LR is satisfactory. RC is kind of the red-headed-step-child of the LSAT. You can't really ignore it but if you don't have that much time, there are better things to study for.

That said, the most important thing is that you base your studying on what you think you need. Not what other people suggest is the best section to study.

ALSO FINISH THE CORE CURRICULUM

• kshuffield28kshuffield28 Alum Member
    9 karma

Thank you SO SO much, I really appreciate it!

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

What is your score breakdown?

With a 144 I don't think it would benefit you to take any PTs without mastering the fundamentals in the CC. Go through the CC carefully and focus strategically on the areas you're struggling with since you're on a time crunch. While doing this you can fool proof LG as well. RC can be a little challenging to improve on, but exposing yourself to as many RC sections will help and if you can make it to JY's review sessions you will definitely get tips to effectively approach the RC.

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/15999/rc-review-pts-58-65-all-rc-sections-may-3rd-june-2nd-9pm-midnight-edt