Officially withdrew from the June lsat today : (

LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
in General 2134 karma

I know it was for the best because I'm still struggling and still learning. It just sucks that I miss yet another test. I mean, come on, brain, work already.

Rant over.

Comments

• bobjon1293bobjon1293 Alum Member
    269 karma

I've been there. It doesn't feel all that great, but wouldn't you feel worse having a score on your record that isn't ideal to you?

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@ya_he_ja_z1 said:
    I've been there. It doesn't feel all that great, but wouldn't you feel worse having a score on your record that isn't ideal to you?

I know what you mean. It makes sense. It just sucks.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@LCMama2017 said:
    I know it was for the best because I'm still struggling and still learning. It just sucks that I miss yet another test. I mean, come on, brain, work already.

Rant over.

Good luck. You'll get there. They don't make the test so it is easy to learn. In fact, the test makers think it's impossible. They think they are measuring an innate skill and that other than familiarizing yourself with the LSAT there is little to be gained by studying.

But we know better as 7 sagers. The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes us some time.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

No worries. This is a super-special test and it's very important that we take the time to get ready for it.

• NovLSAT2019NovLSAT2019 Alum Member
    620 karma

@ya_he_ja_z1
    ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

@LCMama2017
    I feel you. This test is really annoying...

• PandaRamenPandaRamen Alum Member
    162 karma

Same here... Moved my test to September. I feel a little defeated that I was not ready for the June test, when I really myself expected to be. It's going to be okay, we're going to knock the test out of the park. Just keep studying, taking it one day at a time.

• Krystell C.Krystell C. Member
    72 karma

@LCMama2017 you are not alone. This test is hard and draining, especially if you are a full-time professional, but I remind myself that this is only temporary and that it will get better with time. Patience is key. @PandaRamen One day at a time is right! I also changed my test date to September and it hurt, but it was necessary.

• Krystell C.Krystell C. Member
    72 karma

@LCMama2017 just read a discussion @"Jonathan Wang" posted 3 years ago called 'Why Knowledge Is Not Enough' and I highly recommend you read it. Below is a small excerpt from his discussion.

So the next time you hit a wall and get frustrated with your (lack of) progress, ask yourself whether you would really trust yourself to be able to articulate 100 questions worth of LSAT logic if Nickelback torture was the price of failure. With stakes that high, the answer will almost always be ‘no’, but that’s okay. Find out what you’re unsure of, and work on it. Don’t stop until you can do the basics in your sleep, even if it does take some loud swearing and possibly kicking your little brother in the shins in the meanwhile (blame it on me if you need to, I can take the hit). And then, once you’re done with one thing, move on to the next. Slow and steady really, truly does win the race. Take the time to truly master the basics and you will be rewarded.>

2134 karma

@Castillo said:
    @LCMama2017 just read a discussion @"Jonathan Wang" posted 3 years ago called 'Why Knowledge Is Not Enough' and I highly recommend you read it. Below is a small excerpt from his discussion.

So the next time you hit a wall and get frustrated with your (lack of) progress, ask yourself whether you would really trust yourself to be able to articulate 100 questions worth of LSAT logic if Nickelback torture was the price of failure. With stakes that high, the answer will almost always be ‘no’, but that’s okay. Find out what you’re unsure of, and work on it. Don’t stop until you can do the basics in your sleep, even if it does take some loud swearing and possibly kicking your little brother in the shins in the meanwhile (blame it on me if you need to, I can take the hit). And then, once you’re done with one thing, move on to the next. Slow and steady really, truly does win the race. Take the time to truly master the basics and you will be rewarded.>

Thank you so much for this and for your earlier post. I read that post awhile back - its great. Thanks for the reminder - I will read it again. The frustation is very much alive and well. And yeah, it hurts like a beast! Best of luck to you in September.

2134 karma

@PandaRamen said:
    Same here... Moved my test to September. I feel a little defeated that I was not ready for the June test, when I really myself expected to be. It's going to be okay, we're going to knock the test out of the park. Just keep studying, taking it one day at a time.

Yeah, that defeated feeling feeling sucks! Thank you for your inspiring words - def need a homerun.

2134 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

@LCMama2017 said:

Rant over.

Good luck. You'll get there. They don't make the test so it is easy to learn. In fact, the test makers think it's impossible. They think they are measuring an innate skill and that other than familiarizing yourself with the LSAT there is little to be gained by studying.

But we know better as 7 sagers. The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes us some time.

Thanks dude. I apprecite your words and I have to admit that your score amazes me - and yeah, I'm still angry you didn't get into Harvard right away! I know the reasons, but still. Making some changes to work towards my goal - its become so personal now. I need to prove to myself that I can do this.

2134 karma

@lsatplaylist @BrianSeo Thanks guys - I'm def annoyed! Here is to us beating this crappy test.

• mjs44mjs44 Member
    19 karma

@LCMama2017 I completely feel you. I thought I was understanding JY's explanations, understanding my textbook and then every time I take a PT I hit a wall. I took off months of work to study and I'm hardly seeing any progress. I think both of us are going to do great eventually! It takes time and determination.

• demiiisodaaademiiisodaaa Alum Member
    131 karma

Don't let the postponing make you feel defeated. We all want to follow through with our plans, and we feel horrible, even guilty, for not following through. But sometimes we underestimate the situation, or overestimate ourselves, or for LSAT probably both.

I started studying last August, and my "plan" was to take the test in December. Well, I can tell you that I postponed my December test to Feb, took the Feb test, but ended up cancelling the Feb score. Now, I am looking to take the June test. As long as you don't give up, you will take the test one day and will feel so glad that you postponed it :) Good luck and don't feel bad. Just keep moving forward!

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited May 2018 1777 karma

I've read that each point above a school's median LSAT score is worth about $7,500 in scholarship. You're doing yourself a huge favor here! Time is money. Try to remember that. Of course, you could take the LSAT in June, but you have higher standards for yourself. Not accepting your personal "substandard" results (I obviously have no idea how you're scoring) is a great asset that will take you far in the legal world. I'm sure there will be at least a thousand people taking the LSAT in June while ignoring their gut instinct to delay. You got this.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

@mjs44 I see you have the starter package. Any chance you can afford to upgrade? Having access to the harder questions while you're studying would probably be helpful. Plus, getting even one extra question right on the LSAT could earn you thousands in scholarship. It's a good investment.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    edited May 2018 2689 karma

I wont cancel, but I doubt I will hit where I want to by June. I weighed my options, and I feel a "meh" score is just a lesson. If I cancel or delay when plans have been made to get me there (it's really freaking far away), and the money is spent, I will be kicking myself wondering what might have happened. I PT in really sucky environments, so I wonder what the difference might be like on an actual quiet test day.
    The sad thing is, I'm BRing yet another test, and my BR is getting better and better (yet another -1 on LG), it shows that I know this stuff. I can figure it out. I just can't do it under time... yet. So aggravating.
    Anyway.. I will likely be taking a future test, so we will be in similar boats. <3 This time around, though, I don't think I will pick a date and try to study in time for it. I'll just study and pick a date only when I am consistently hitting good enough marks. Things I wish I knew when I started this journey.

• FlashLSATFlashLSAT Alum Member
    293 karma

I originally had a target test date of July but when I became exposed to 7sage and my weaknesses I chose to postpone the test until at least next year's earliest January 26 date. I truly believe as anything else in the world it truly takes time to gain mastery over each section and to do the hard work of studying consistently over a **adequate**** amount of time.

Of course some people are ready more quickly than others but it is better to be true to yourself and what phase of the study process you are in. As someone previously said you probably would be more distraught if you were to get a low score in June.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited May 2018 3652 karma

better to withdraw and keep studying than rush your studies and take it when you're not ready and feel like shit and want to give up after. it's a brave and smart decision.