Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

July LSAT Schedule

kpanekpane Member
in General 17 karma

So I have been studying on and off for the past 2 years, but since the beginning of May have been studying full time because I just graduated and don’t move away for my job until June 15th. My job is going to consist of a lot of training the entire summer, but I take the LSAT on July 23rd. Up until that time I plan on doing two sections on a practice test per day timed and doing practice tests during the weekend when I can. In case I need to take the September LSAT, does anyone have a good suggestion as to how I should split up the sections and tests I do now so that I can save some for September if need be? Also, any suggestions for a schedule as to which days I should be studying leading up to July would be helpful, just so that I’m spacing everything out nicely.

Appreciate the help in advance!

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

Target score (range) and current score (range)?

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    782 karma

I did a sort of staggered sequence of later PT's. I started at 65 to make sure I had PT's saved for future dates, then did 65, 75, 66, 76, 67, 77 etc. Then I jumped to 83 this week before the June date.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

In general you want to space out your PT's by a specific number. Maybe you want to take 20 from 40-80. You would do 40, 42, 44, 46, 48, 50 etc. In this scenario you'll see a natural progression of the tests over time, while still preserving that process for future studying if necessary.

A note on your method: That's too many PT's. Taking half a test/day is not going to be as beneficial as other methods. What most 7sagers subscribe to, and what JY believes is that you should be doing 1 prep test per week ideally. The idea is that you should be adressing your strengths and weaknesses in depth after each test. What mistakes did you make on a given PT? was it timing, was it confidence, was it a particular question type or game type? These things all need to be accounted for if you want the PT to really benefit you in the long run.

• kpanekpane Member
    17 karma

Okay great thank you @Ohnoeshalpme! Since it’s more along the lines of 1 test a week, what do you to go back and review these questions other than blind review just to ensure you’re correcting your mistakes? Also, do you study everyday/what do you do to keep your brain fresh when you’re not studying if you aren’t everyday?

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited June 2018 2531 karma

@kpane said:
    Okay great thank you @Ohnoeshalpme! Since it’s more along the lines of 1 test a week, what do you to go back and review these questions other than blind review just to ensure you’re correcting your mistakes? Also, do you study everyday/what do you do to keep your brain fresh when you’re not studying if you aren’t everyday?

I'd recommend that you check out the Post-CC study schedule webinar:

https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/

Personally I study about 4 hours/day 6 days a week. This seems to be a good balance and I don't feel like I am burning out either. In terms of keeping your brain fresh on your day off, I think it's good practice in general to challenge yourself with complex literature. You can, for example, read scientific journals, philosophical texts or even some more complex fiction like Faulkner. These types of readings are inherently valuable but I expect that they have a positive impact on LSAT scores as well.