Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flaw Questions

Isaiah4110Isaiah4110 Alum Member

How can you get better at Flaw questions? I always isolate the premise(s) and the conclusion, and know that you are suppose to weaken the link between the premise and the conclusion. But a lot of times, I just don't know how/can't prephrase. So I go to the answer choices and then almost always end up picking the tricky wrong answer (i.e. descriptively accurate but is not actually the flaw). I have done this part of the CC and have completed some of the Flaw problem sets.

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I recommend that you do every one of the flaw problem sets in the CC. Go through them slowly, write out explanations if necessary and get to 100% certainty for each one. I am guessing you'll see improvement if you do this.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    edited June 2018 1032 karma

I think you might be confusing two question types. In the case of a flaw question, your goal is not to weaken the argument, it’s to identify why the argument is already weak.

For a weaken question, you want to find an answer choice that weakens the relationship outlined in the passage.

Hope that helps! :)