How do you know if you're ready to register for a test? Should do all PT's from 50-80?

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
edited June 2018 in General 1755 karma
  1. Should you aim to do every single PT in the past 10 years? (From PT's 50-80?)

2. How do you know when you're ready to take this test?

3. Or another question, how do you know when you're ready to REGISTER to take this test?

I really want to register for like the September test date, but I just don't know if I'll ACTUALLY be ready by then.

Currently BR score is in mid 170s, timed scores 160s fluctuating a lot. I've drilled all PT's from 19-40 and have completed PT's 40-50.

I am hoping to try to do all PT's from 50-80 these next few weeks, but it's a lot of material and I don't know if I can cover all of it.

Any advice, suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

My advice would be quality over quantity in your PTing. When you take each PT you want to blind review it thoroughly which it seems like you are doing a solid job of. You also want to analyze where you made errors and why. Few mistakes are ever really "stupid mistakes". There is a reason for almost all of them. If you learn from each PT that will be better than rushing through them to get through them in a set time.

As far as being ready to register for the test, I would say when you get to a plateau you would be okay with applying with register. Then try to improve on it with whatever time you have left before the test. I found that having a date scheduled provided extra motivation to study.

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    782 karma

You can't predict how quickly you're going to progress, so you have to be a little flexible. I set two numbers as soft guidelines to achieve that flexibility:

1) the lowest score I would consider using to apply
    2) I picked the highest ranked school I hoped to be a target school (I compared my GPA to 75th percentile GPA numbers to determine this) and aimed 2 points over that school's 75th percentile LSAT

I refused to register until I achieved at least one of those two as an average over 3-5 PT's.

• youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    1755 karma
  • youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    1755 karma

@btate87 thanks!! :)