What to do if I've taken PT's 60-80?

lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
in General 938 karma

Hey all,

Before 7sage, I studied with another program and exhausted through PT's 60-80. (not all of them were used as full length PT's, some were used for timed sections).

How reliable will my scores for PT 60-80 be since it will be the second time I look at the questions? It's been a year since i've looked at PTs 60-80, so I'm hoping my mind wont recall everything 100%, and maybe the scores I receive the second time around could be somewhat reliable.

Not sure if this fact will help at all.. but I was getting like 145-150 on those PT's (lol) and 50% on the sections. (yeah i know, what a waste of PT's)

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

Go ahead and retake them. Sure you may remember some problems, but this time maybe look at the stimulus and the reasoning structure and find out what is wrong with it instead of filling in the correct answer.

150s means you're only getting half of the answers correct. I think if anything, you've got over half of the incorrect answer to re-do and understand.

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

I agree with @"Adam Hawks" . I am a big advocate of retaking PTs and I found that it helped me a lot.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I think your scores will be a little bit inflated but as others have said they are definitely still worth doing. Instead of thinking of them in terms of score, think about what you have to learn from them. And since it was so long ago you probably won't remember a whole ton!

• DaniellaDaniella Alum Member
    95 karma

I studied last year using a different prep company also and took some later tests but wasn’t really keeping track of which ones. This year, after completing 7Sage CC I started taking tests and as I moved into the newer tests, I would remember reading a certain passage last year based on the topic, but I never remembered any details or questions, so I definitely think there is a slim chance that you will remember exactly which answers you chose last year. It’s definetely useful to retake them!

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

Even if you do t remember answers, the comfort of familiarity alone will boost your score. Retakes are useful and I had to use quite a few of them myself, but remember when scoring them that the scores are inflated. As others have said, be sure to focus on process and BR the shit out of them.

• lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
    938 karma

@"Adam Hawks" thanks man, well said.

Thanks to everyone else too, such great advice. Cheers.