Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Major GPA on Resume?

jramo118jramo118 Free Trial Member
edited November 2014 in General 26 karma
Hi all! My major GPA looks better then my over all GPA, so I was wondering if I could list only my major GPA on my resume for applications? I dont have either GPA on my resume right now because I have read that if your GPA is below the school median to NOT include it on the resume at all. But what about the schools that your major GPA falls in their range? Basically, when/if at all should I include my major GPA on my resume for the applications?
Id appreciate your thoughts and comments on this
Thanks!!

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    no clue but they'll have access to all GPAs you may have
  • miriruchertmiriruchert Alum Member
    180 karma
    what jayswims said...it does not matter what you list on your resume. they get the academic report which includes the grades from all your transcripts...it will show them the major grade separate though. I would not worry about all that. Plus, you never want to try to conceal evidence ;-)
  • jramo118jramo118 Free Trial Member
    26 karma
    thanks guys you made excellent points!
  • LeoFiro8LeoFiro8 Alum Member
    244 karma
    They get full access to all your grades, some even generate their own GPA based on your class cases, so if you want a gpa on your resume just go with your major so it looks better and you have something to back it up