Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sufficient Assumption

shegotitshegotit Member
edited July 2018 in Logical Reasoning 211 karma

Can someone please provide me advice as to how to tackle these questions. I am getting really discouraged because I cannot map out the logic for the question stems or if I do map out my logic paraphrase doesn't match the answer. When I was doing the quizzes in the lessons it was clicking for me but when I got to the actual lsat problems I am starting to struggle and I am really struggling with mapping out the logic.

Comments

• mynameisjeffmynameisjeff Member
    519 karma

Exactly how I felt, and honestly it just takes practice, do the problem set and really analyze the conclusion and premise. I know you hear that a lot and it can get tiring but its all practice. Once you go through the practice sets, BR, watch JY's explanation and read the comments.

If you are still having trouble, there will be a CC called advance logic. This is where I began to get really good at recognizing keywords, diagrams, seeking the context and a better understanding of what to look for.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited July 2018 2531 karma

The CC is not sufficient for success on this test. Maybe for a rare few, the CC lays such a strong foundation that every question just naturally falls into place. For the most of us though, the CC is something that we constantly need to return to. In the case of SA questions, do 20 of them in a row, blind review them intensely, reach 100% certainty, and then return to the ones that you get wrong by watching JY's explanation. If you don't completely follow his thinking, return to the fundamentals in the CC. Return to the "how to approach" videos. Repeat this process over and over until you are consistently getting SA questions correct under time.

• shegotitshegotit Member
    211 karma

I feel like after doing all of those lessons my mind wants to use logic and when I try it doesn't work because I am not sure as to what should and shouldn't be diagrammed, what words I should use for my logical indicators that will grasp the whole concept and how my final answers will match the answer choices. And then when that doesn't work I am not sure how to go about getting the correct answer. Is there an alternative way to get the answer without doing logic?

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

Unfortunately, most of the SA questions really do require lawgic translations. Some of the questions may just have assumptions that jump out at you, but most of them are subtle. I would also recommend reviewing the advanced lawgic part of the CC and watching explanation videos for SA questions.