Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

should PT scores of the unreleased PTs from the SuperPrepBookII be considered into your score avgs..

_oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
in General 3652 karma

I'm just wondering if unreleased PTs should even be considered in your score average. I just did really well on PT C2 but I'm wondering if this is just an easier test or it was just made a while ago so it's not as nuanced as the newer tests.

Comments

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

I would like to second this question.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited July 2018 3652 karma

@ChaimtheGreat said:
    I would like to second this question.

I just searched through 7sage and found --

Johnathan Wang -

Presence of comparative reading and substitution LG question means post-December 2008. Past that it's impossible to know for sure, although the difficulty of the substitution question is suggestive. My hunch is Feb 2009 (PT 56.5), though Feb 2010 is also a possibility (59.5).

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it were February 2011 either now that I think about it, as that would make it test 62.5, right between 62 and 63. I just think the substitution questions in 62 and 63 were a bit more developed than the one in C2; C2's struck me as an early attempt at a crude substitution question not unlike PT57's attempt.

Another consideration though is that PT60 didn't have a substitution question, the only test to lack a substitution question (I think) since they introduced the question type in PT57. I've long speculated that PT60 was put together before PT57-59 were (hence the lack of a substitution question) but was administered after for whatever reason (hence the breaking of the pattern before re-establishing immediately from 61 onward without fail). This one may be similar - administered later, but written earlier.

Anyhow, speculation is fun, but ultimately it's impossible to say until they straight up tell us. Probably the best thing we can do in the meantime is to call it a 'modern' test and leave it at that.

JustDoIt -

Most people seem to get thier highest scores on than test.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Just reiterating what I said earlier. C2 as it is called is a very “basic” test. I would definitely put it on the easier end. Many of the LR questions aren’t difficult and it has one of the easiest LG sections I ever saw. However I would also celebrate your accomplishment if it is your best score. Congrats! Don’t qualify your successes.

• jhbm_nycjhbm_nyc Alum Member
    568 karma

For what it's worth, my score for C2 when I took it was right around my average, so I wouldn't totally disqualify it from your PT average. There was no particularly hard game in LG and I thought RC was pretty straightforward. LR seemed par for the course - they reminded me of the LR in the PT 60's series (so I'd agree with Jonathan's assessment above) and were definitely not as tricky/subtle as some of the ones in the 70's and 80's.