Drilling Timed Sections? - Which Tests? 7sage Premium

LAWYEREDLAWYERED Alum Member
edited July 2018 in General 335 karma

Hi all,

I'm a little confused. I've been reading the forum and I don't think I fully understand how one goes about drilling timed sections or when one does so. Is this something to do after finishing the CC and in between full-length timed PTs? Also, which tests should I be using to drill? Do I use sections from practice tests I've already used? All over the forum people say to treat clean PTs as precious and only use them for timed, full-length LSAT practice so I have a feeling I shouldn't be pulling sections from my share of clean PTs.
Also: I know the CC is composed of questions from PTs but I don't know which ones they use and whether I should be pulling from tests that were used to create the CC.

Hopefully I'm making sense (?)

THANKS
Fight on!

Comments

• LAWYEREDLAWYERED Alum Member
    335 karma

BUMP

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

So the curriculum uses material composed from PT 1-35. The timed drills are to be done after finishing the CC. Depending on the specific purpose of the drill and the person's weaknesses, or areas to be targeted, the drill can be comprised of PT 1-35 or later ones.

• LAWYEREDLAWYERED Alum Member
    335 karma

Thank you so much for answering my question @keets993
    Is it a bad idea to use PT 1-35 as full-length, timed practice tests? Or is that a bad idea because I might recognize the correct answers and accidentally inflate my own score (I don't have that great of a memory though so for me personally, that might not actually happen).
    And as for drilling with PTs 35 and later, should we only use them to drill if we've already used them as full-length, timed practice tests?

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

@LAWYERED I would recommend against using some of the earlier PT's for PT's because there's been a lot of changes, especially in LR. Depending on who you talk to, they will either recommend using the earlier PTs for drilling or foregoing them all together. You have 36 - 84 to PT. I highly doubt you'll get through them all as full PT's so that's why it's a good idea to use some of the 40s, 50s and 60s for drilling. Again, there's been changes in each of the 10s so its a good idea to get exposure to at least a couple from each 10s. Aside from LG, I'd skip about PT 1-16 for LR. But focus on mastering the fundamentals provided in the CC before you begin worrying about drilling.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

You made a solid point about recalling information from your studying while doing timed sections. You will not get an accurate score by redoing the same questions you've already seen. However, it's still good practice! Anyway, I think the advice you already got from @keets993 is perfect, so I don't have anything else to add!