Parallel reasoning / flaw + Necessary Assumption Help

Hope2018Hope2018 Yearly Member

Hello everyone,

I am currently going through the CC, and I am having major difficulties with the parallel questions and the necessary questions. For the parallel reasoning + flaw questions, I do understand the answers for the easier questions but as they get more difficult and implement Formal Logic, my brain gives up on me. I’m having GREAT difficulty in translating lawgic to English. And I have no idea how to improve. I tried going back to the logic sections and I understand those lessons,but I really stumble with translating when I see real problems . Also for necessary assumptions, I just don’t know how to solve these problems. I understand what kind of answer I have to look for, but every time I see a new problem, I feel like I’m not understanding what I have to do fully.

Please give me any advice ! Thank you so much everyone

Comments

• Kyle....Kyle.... Alum Member
    134 karma

These were also the hardest LR questions for me. It can get better. If you put in the work.

Watch JY's video for each question you get wrong. And then do the question again----try and remember his method for solving it. And then do that question again in a few weeks. Write down the questions that are hardest for you and revisit them.

If you're having trouble translating lawgic into English and vice versa, that's going to be a huge problem for these questions. You've gotta practice that and get proficient at it. Parallel flawed method / parallel method questions often rely on very small differences here to find the right answer.

Personally (and this was after I had mastered translating English into lawgic), I found it really helpful to use the LR resources page where 7Sage provides all the questions of a certain type for you to blow through and review. Doing them again and again made these questions (after a lot of practice) become pretty easy, but it took a lot of time and frustruation.