Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Florida, esp Miami law school choice

oceanlee14oceanlee14 Alum Member
in General 28 karma

I’d like to receive an advice on law school selection. With 7 sage, I have to make a decision between U of Miami law and Florida international University law. Gpa;3.65, lsat;155. Former is private n I didn’t achieve scholarship, thus cost $47,000. The latter institute initially cost $35,000, but subsequent year lower to $20,000. Money is definitely top concern for me, but shall I pay more to attend higher ranking school?

Comments

• AshleighKAshleighK Alum Member
    786 karma

Congrats! Good to see another Miami local here. If I’m honest, money is a big concern to me too. I would go for FIU if it’s a make or break. Sure UM has a bigger name but if it’ll put you into a difficult financial situation, don’t do it. I think st the end it’s all about what you make it. And FIU has a good rep as well, yeah it’s not as big as UM but it’s still a good school. Are you going to be living at home? On your own? Are you in Kendall or outside of Miami-Dade? And what law do you want to practice? These may also come into play with your decision.