Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Addendum for college course taken in High School?

Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
edited November 2014 in General 1049 karma
Hi -

I took some college science courses while in high school and my understanding from LSAC is that I'm supposed to send those transcripts to them as well for my UGPA (correct?)

Overall that's a good thing because there were some As that will help my GPA - BUT there is one C+ that counts for 1.0 credit (a lab credit)....Should I write an addendum for this 1 credit while I was in high school?

My pre-law advisor says it's a moot point because I don't even need to submit the grades at all since the credit (but not the grade) is already included in my actual college GPA. I don't know if I agree with this - I thought LSAC was pretty clear about including every grade that was counted for Undergrad...?

I realize I'm asking a few questions here, please weigh in on all or what you can.

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    yeah ^
    I took 3 college classes in HS and called LSAC to make sure since I knew they'd be listed on my CC transcript and they said to send them all in

as for addendum... idk what you plan on saying? Hey that 1 credit C+ I got was in HS so dont look at it... ? I dont have much experience with them but dont see what kinda addendum one would write about that
  • danballinger5danballinger5 Alum Member
    198 karma
    I think that addendums should be used sparingly, and only in important situations. This may sound harsh, but I don't think a professional school wants to hear excuses about 1 credit you earned as a teenager. Every part of your application serves a singular purpose: to show that you will succeed if admitted. A few credits earned while in High School show early motivation, but are mostly superfluous when evaluating an adult applicant.