Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). How much time to spend on PT - 7Sage Forum

How much time to spend on PT

d__villad__villa Alum Member
in General 98 karma

After completing the CC, how long do you recommend the PT/BR process be? I know some of you might say until you are PT'ing higher than your desired score, but on average, how much time is needed/recommended?

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited August 2018 2531 karma

The simple answer is that you take as much time as you need. During the test, you should mark the questions that you feel unsure about or that were exceptionally difficult. These questions are the only ones that you should go back to in your BR. But when you visit them, spend as much time as you need to reach 100% certainty (or as close to 100% as you can manage). It could be an hour total, it could be five hours. Whatever you need to feel like you are finished with the marked question. The exception to this is logic games, I recommend that you redo each game from scratch and then do the fool-proofing process normally.

The better you get at the test the less time BR starts to take. If you are scoring in the 140's and 150's your BR is probably going to take you a long time. If you are scoring in the 160's it will take time but will be considerably shorter than 150's. And if you score in the 170's your BR probably won't take much time at all.

• SamiSami Yearly + Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10801 karma

@d__villa said:
    After completing the CC, how long do you recommend the PT/BR process be? I know some of you might say until you are PT'ing higher than your desired score, but on average, how much time is needed/recommended?

It really is different for each person. If the gap between your goal score and diagnostic/current PT score is big, it's going to take longer and that amount of time, whatever that may be, is what's needed. But if you decide that no matter what, you want to take the test on a certain date, then its not about the goal score, its about wherever you can get in your LSAT prep in that amount of time.

Also, generally its easier to get to low 160's, but to get to 170's can take up to a year. To get even a couple of points higher can take a lot longer than it may be to get from 150's to 160's.

So it all depends on what your goals are and where you are starting out from and how much you are willing to stand by your goal and keep working at it till you get it.

• d__villad__villa Alum Member
    98 karma

Thank you both for your feedback! Guess I'll need to revisit this concept once I'm done with the CC and have taken a baseline PT.