My 3x3 Approach: Logic Game CC + Fool-Proofing

LAWYEREDLAWYERED Alum Member
in Logic Games 335 karma

Hi all, here's my current approach:
1. I go through each logic game of one section of the CC (i.e. 1st section (Intro to Logic Games and Sequencing Games), 2nd section, etc.) and do each problem three times.
2. After completing the section, I do each logic game three more times to solidify my understanding.
3. Once I am done with all the sections, I plan to "start over" and see if I still know how to do the logic games by doing each one three times. If I struggle at all, I will "officially" fool proof each one until I feel that I have mastered it.

Please let me know what you guys think of this approach.

Thank you. :)

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I don't think doing a problem three times in a row seems very beneficial, just because if you're doing it back to back it seems like you just remember the answer rather than having to go through the logical steps. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something there. Same thing with doing a game three times in a row. I think it's good to do a game over and over, but I would recommend doing it only once or twice in a day and then coming back to it later to reinforce the logic.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited August 2018 2531 karma

I’d recommend not drilling logic games by type. On the actual test, a big part of the challenge is knowing what type of board you should use. After fool-proofing a long time, the only games that give me trouble are ones with unconventional or confusing setups. I’m not sure you get the same value from your method of fool-proofing in this area because you aren’t training yourself to setup game boards based on the rules, necessarily. You are going into the game already knowing what kind of setup is needed.

• LAWYEREDLAWYERED Alum Member
    335 karma

@MissChanandler said:
    I don't think doing a problem three times in a row seems very beneficial, just because if you're doing it back to back it seems like you just remember the answer rather than having to go through the logical steps. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something there. Same thing with doing a game three times in a row. I think it's good to do a game over and over, but I would recommend doing it only once or twice in a day and then coming back to it later to reinforce the logic.

Hi! You're absolutely right: it wouldn't be beneficial to do it over and over during the same day. I am doing the first three on one day and then doing the next three some other day and then doing three more nearly a month later, alongside ones I've done previously.