Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turn the page, read the instructions, and start working... 5 seconds ago?

Sam TylerSam Tyler Alum Member
in General 454 karma

Small question, I mostly just dont want to get an infraction. When the Proctor says "turn the page, read the instructions, and start working now" can you turn the page as soon as he starts saying turn the page, or perhaps after he completes that instruction, or do you need to wait until he says now? it's probably only 5 or 10 seconds per section, but hey, 30 seconds overall could amount to an entire mark! When do I turn the page?

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

Funny you should ask that. I always assumed in my PTs that you couldn't turn the page until "now". But in my test center, everyone was turning before the "now" so I did too. It will most likely depend on your proctor.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

Haha I think you're overthinking this. It only takes a few seconds to say "turn the page and start working now" it won't make a difference. I would assume that once he says "turn the page" you turn the page and by the time you look at the question he already said "now"

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

Haha I think you're overthinking this. It only takes a few seconds to say "turn the page and start working now" it won't make a difference. I would assume that once he says "turn the page" you turn the page and by the time you look at the question he already said "now"

LOL yea that too.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Haha most people start turning the page when they say "turn the page". It's really only a couple of seconds but it lines up to be just about when your page settles down that they say "now", so the timing is just about right.

• MindyKaleMindyKale Alum Member
    350 karma

LOL I agree with ohnoes here. I don't think I can whip out an answer between "turn..." to "..now" so I usually start working only after they are done.