Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deciding which course to buy

Poppy2709Poppy2709 Member
in General 18 karma

Hi everyone!
I took the September 2017 LSAT prepping with the Powerscore texts... I wish I had come across this site prior to purchasing those texts based on all the great reviews and after making use of the free content; the methods used and the explanations of the logic games seem like they may have more of an impact than just self-study with the Powerscore texts. I only prepped for 3 months with those texts and got a 144. I realize that 3 months of study was nowhere near enough time for me, so i'm just trying to come up with a new game plan.

My question is, if I were to purchase the starter course, what are your thoughts on if it would be enough content to solidify the strategies on tackling the sections? I have a lot of PrepTests already, as I purchased those separately on the recommendation of the powerscore self-study site. Money is kind of tight, as I am studying in Brazil and earning BRL which is worth less than half the USD, hence why I am looking at the starter course.

Also for anyone who has used powerscore or other study materials before coming across 7sage, what are your thoughts on content overlap?

Thanks guys, good luck in your studies. :)

Comments

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

I began with the Starter and upgraded to Ultimate+. The Starter is a fantastic value and really exposes you to all of the concepts that you need to understand to do well on the LSAT. It helped me tremendously.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

Hey! I think that the Starter package will definitely help you lock down the fundamentals and get to that 150 mark. Do you have a goal score in mind?

• Poppy2709Poppy2709 Member
    18 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" said:
    Hey! I think that the Starter package will definitely help you lock down the fundamentals and get to that 150 mark. Do you have a goal score in mind?

Would love a 160, though I know its a lofty goal lol thanks for your response!!

1777 karma

@Poppy2709 that's still achievable with Starter. However, you get access to the hardest problem sets with Ultimate+. My suggestion would be to take the PTs that are included and watch the videos for all of the problems-- especially to get a complete understanding of all of the most difficult questions. I would also buy the PTs in the 80s to practice with.

• PadawanPadawan Member
    91 karma

I did same as Emily. See my comments post for "Please Help." I've bought them all, too, but this is the best, and Ultimate Plus gives you best bang for your buck if you want all explanations.

1777 karma

@Padawan I also believe that anyone who can swing the money for Ultimate+ should invest in it! The scholarship money you can get from learning the curve breaker questions makes the ROI pretty high!