Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting better at LR questions

mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
edited November 2014 in General 938 karma
Hello, everyone!

I have been spending a lot of my time really grinding and mastering the LG section. I felt this section needed the most improvement, but I need some help with LR questions. Some sections I may get up to 12-13 wrong, while in other sections 3-5 wrong. I know the December LSAT is around the corner, and I really want to iron out some kinks. How did you get better at the LR sections? What was your approach? How much did you improve?

I also plan on implementing your methods with J.Y.s double blind studying. Cheers!

Comments

• edited November 2014 131 karma
    The crux of LR, as well as all of the LSAT, is confidence in mental discipline. The stimulus and ACs are intentionally written to be confusing. Think of the ACs as a gaunlet (I hate cheesy illustrations, but this will have to do) where the tentmakers are seeing how firm your grasp is of the argument (i.e. premises, conclusion, and perhaps most importantly, assumptions). If you don't have a firm grasp of the stimulus, you'll likely get tossed and turned all over the place by the ACs, since they are expertly crafted to be exceedingly tempting.

Hope that helps!
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    It does! Thank you for taking the time to reply :)!