Ted-Ed Logic Puzzle

BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
in Logic Games 1694 karma

I really like the Ted-Ed puzzles that are posted every now and then. This week's was very reminiscent of a LSAT question, so I thought I would share it.

Comments

• Lucas CarterLucas Carter Alum Member
    2798 karma

Lol when the narrator said that the sufficiency necessity error was so common that we even have a name for it, I 100% expected him to say "the oldest trick in the book". This was an awesome video. Thanks for sharing!!

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

@"Lucas Carter" said:
    Lol when the narrator said that the sufficiency necessity error was so common that we even have a name for it, I 100% expected him to say "the oldest trick in the book". This was an awesome video. Thanks for sharing!!

For a 4 minute video, it does a pretty good job of explaining a few logical concepts. Hahaha

• iamcardibriiamcardibri Alum Member
    314 karma

"The fallacy of the converse" sounds so much more epic than "sufficient-necessary confusion" haha!

Also, I've been thinking about the bonus riddle at the end of the video for three minutes now :'(

Is it two maximum and one minimum? If you open the apple box and it has apples, then the other three are mixed up, obviously. But if you open apples and it has bananas, then you know that both apples and bananas box are mislabeled... so then you open dates or carrots. If you open carrots and it has carrots,you only had to open two boxes. But if you open carrots and it has apples, then you know that dates are correctly labeled. BUT if you open carrots and it has dates then you give up on life lol

edited September 2018 1694 karma

Lol, it sounds much more epic, but this name is rather unclear.

Oh wow, I didn't think much about the last question. That's a good method.

• ad_coelumad_coelum Alum Member
    285 karma

I love all the Ted-Ed videos -- and the riddles too! So easy to watch with their snazzy animations! Thanks for sharing.

1694 karma

@"aviated.wings" said:
    I love all the Ted-Ed videos -- and the riddles too! So easy to watch with their snazzy animations! Thanks for sharing.

Happy you like it.