Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Giving up Alcohol prior to Test Day?

Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
edited November 2014 in General 1049 karma
JY suggests giving up alcohol about 2 months prior to the test.

I've given it up for about that time for the Dec exam coming up.

But I've got to holiday events where alcohol will be served.

Will a drinks a week before the exam hurt?

Comments

• pjanderson5pjanderson5 Free Trial Member
    238 karma
    No, if you have a few you're not going to suddenly score lower on your next PT.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I have stayed away from alcohol, but drinking maybe 1x a month over the course of my studying (june till now). Having a few... one weekend... is fine :)
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    lol you stay away from alcohol for a reason, maybe it won't, maybe it will.... is it that horrible to just drink water or something? #sober
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    What J.Y. says is more of guidelines than actual rules. Welcome to the Black Pearl, Quick Silver!
  • madeleinemadeleine Alum Member
    259 karma
    From personal experience (I've taken LSAT twice) I would strongly recommend no alcohol within a week of the test. I had a few drinks this weekend leading up to December and I feel fine, but now I plan on having none until Dec. 6. Everyone is different, but I think a week is the minimum
  • ccj0321ccj0321 Alum Member
    66 karma
    I would have to disagree with the conventional wisdom here. I think that any change in habit (e.g. dietary, daily routine, etc.) is not conducive to test performance.

If you are a regular drinker but you suddenly stop drinking, who knows what will happen to your psyche?

But then again, I don't suggest binge drinking the day before the LSAT.