Using slang/informal/semi-cuss words in PS

Hello,

So I'm just looking at my very rough draft for PS and I'm quoting someone I've worked with in the past and I'm opening my PS with a very brief conversation with him. And as a direct way to quote that person to help illustrate my principle in life/work ethic, I threw in the word "half-ass." Once again, I didn't say it. S/he did. Will this make admissions officers cringe? Since I'm going to directly quote him, it would sound super awkward if I rephrased it like "halfheartedly" because that's not how colleagues at work speak to each other in an informal setting. Well at least I know that's not exactly how the conversation went.

What do you think? I mean it's not an F bomb but I don't know what to do with this. Should I not risk it? #supercautious

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I would leave it out to be safe. Some people will be offended and some will laugh, it's just not worth the risk.

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

@MissChanandler said:
    I would leave it out to be safe. Some people will be offended and some will laugh, it's just not worth the risk.

Thanks! #pivot

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

I had the word schlep which isn't technically even a curse or slang word (it's just Yiddish) but was told to take it out. Better safe I think.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

@ChaimtheGreat said:
    I had the word schlep which isn't technically even a curse or slang word (it's just Yiddish) but was told to take it out. Better safe I think.

TIL what Yiddish is.

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

Haha I am sure it was a riveting google search lolol.