Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Need Help

shdov426shdov426 Alum Member
in General 58 karma

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post on the 7Sage Discussion forum. Just today I signed up for the 7Sage course. I'm posting just to ask for some advice from you all, as many of you seem to have this whole process figured it, while I still feel like an outsider.

I have been studying for the LSAT since last December. At that time, I was only using various LSAT prep books that I had purchased from bookstores and from Amazon. After a couple months of this I came across the heavily populated field of LSAT prep programs. I chose Kaplan Prep because it was a name I was familiar with and thus trusted. I was and still am a full time student working 21hr weeks, so the self-paced online course was really and still is the only option for me. Unfortunately, the Kaplan course just did not click with me at all, I found myself mindlessly watching hours of their videos and never actually doing the LSAT. On test day (June 2018) I still felt like a stranger to the test, unsure of how I was even going to tackle it. I recieved a 151.

I was disheartened by this score but still determined to improve. I knew I could no longer show up on test day feeling unfamiliar with the actual test. I signed up for the September LSAT, but this time around I completely self-studied, apart from watching 7Sage LG explanations on Youtube (LOVED these). So, from July till September all I used to study was the actual test. However, I rarely ever took full-length/proctored PT. Perhaps I felt that I couldn't find the time, or I was just scared of how poorly I was going to do, but I almost only did timed sections in batches of either 1,2, at most 3, at a time. I think I realized that this was not enough to get me to where I wanted to be in terms of my score, but I still felt better knowing that I was doing a lot of these timed sections, getting familiar with the test, better at completing sections on time, identifying questions types and patterns, etc. I felt like my score was going to significantly improve, I got a 152.

Fast forward to today and I am officially a 7Sage student and am extremely happy that I am, but after seeing other's success in this forum this September, I am kicking myself for not enrolling back in July. I'm also registered for the November LSAT. That leaves me with about a month and a half to dive into 7Sage. I am certainly no stranger to the LSAT and have been studying for this test, although using different startegies, for almost a year. My goal since freshman year of college was to get a 170 on the LSAT but it seems that goal is evading me much easier than I ever would've imagined. However, if I could boost my score by 10 points by November I feel I'd have a decent chance at some T25's (3.67 GPA). I have also come to have a different perspective on taking another year to study for the test after reading other similar post on this forum, and wonder if I should give myself another cycle to get closer to that glorious 170 everyone wants. I am still only 21, but the idea of spending an enitire year out of school, working, and studying for one test still seems foreign to me, and my parents...

I apolgize for such a long post, and thank you if you read this far, I just have not gotten the oppurtunity to really talk to anyone about this entire process. I think I am heading in the right direction by signing up for 7Sage and posting here, but besides that I am running out of answers. Thank you for any and all helpful responses/thoughts/comments!!!

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Hi, and welcome to the forums!

It's really too late to get the full benefit of a 7sage course before the November exam. It takes 2-3 months to go through the curriculum, and then you need to drill and PT after that to nail down the skills and get accustomed to actually taking the test. I think that if you are determined to score in the 170s and get into a high ranking school, you're most likely going to have to delay a cycle. However, don't feel like you have to get a 170 just to get a 170. At the lower T25s, a mid-high 160s score will put you in decent shape, although your gpa is a little bit low for them. Play around on the admissions predictor to help figure out a goal score.

• A.C.2020A.C.2020 Free Trial Member
    19 karma

I have had a similar experience to you. I did testmasters and am so disappointed in the result. I expected waaay more for the money. Granted I was sick the day of the test but i should have done better. I don’t want to spend more money if I don’t have to but I feel like I need to learn different strategies. I’m mad that I never heard about 7sage until sat (results day!). I was planning to just plunge in again and self study for the November exam but I feel like I may postpone. What course did you sign up for with 7sage? I’m not sure which one to sign up for since I have already taken a prep class. This is a frustrating process!

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

If you want the proper result, you have to practice properly. Test yourself in the most realistic/harsh conditions, and go through the curriculum properly. Just doing test questions with no forethought or afterthought or purpose will not yield results. I did something similar before joining 7sage (I did 30 PTs in 30 days), and my score at the end of those 30 days was lower than my first.
    Proper procedure will be hard, and painful, and draining, but that's part of the reason why getting a high lsat score is so prestigious and rewarding. 7sage is awesome, and I hope you get a lot out of it. The course is expensive, but most of it is for licensing the questions from LSAC, so you're paying for what you get.