PSA: International test takers - double check your LSAT reporting time

Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
edited October 2018 in General 1091 karma

If you're registered for an upcoming international LSAT, please double check your reporting times!

I just went to print my ticket for Saturday and noticed the registration time is now 8:30am, not 2:30pm as was listed when I registered.

I've phoned the LSAC who said that yes, the time was changed from 2:30pm to 8:30am some time in mid-September. I asked if there was some sort of error - was I supposed to be notified, or did I receive an email but just not see it?

The answer is 'no', it just so happens the LSAC doesn't have a policy of notifying registrants if the test-time changes from the advertised time. They just change it and hope you notice when you print your ticket - which they instruct you to print as close to the test-day as possible..!

Brb while I try and find a last minute hotel or figure out how to wake up at 2:30am for a 9am test and not feel like garbage.

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@"Rigid Designator" said:
    If you're registered for an upcoming international LSAT, please double check your reporting times!

I just went to print my ticket for Saturday and noticed the registration time is now 8:30am, not 2:30pm as was listed when I registered.

I've phoned the LSAC who said that yes, the time was changed from 2:30pm to 8:30am some time in mid-September. I asked if there was some sort of error - was I supposed to be notified, or did I receive an email but just not see it?

The answer is 'no', it just so happens the LSAC doesn't have a policy of notifying registrants if the test-time changes from the advertised time. They just change it and hope you notice when you print your ticket - which they instruct you to print as close to the test-day as possible..!

Brb while I try and find a last minute hotel or figure out how to wake up at 2:30am for a 9am test and not feel like garbage.

So sorry you have to go through this! And yea, LSAC doesn't notify.

This happened last year for some testtakers in Europe: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/94162

I think that the reporting time is usually at 8:30am in Asia but it's usually 2:30pm in Europe.

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    1091 karma

@akistotle said:

@"Rigid Designator" said:

So sorry you have to go through this! And yea, LSAC doesn't notify.

This happened last year for some testtakers in Europe: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/94162

I think that the reporting time is usually at 8:30am in Asia but it's usually 2:30pm in Europe.

Yeah, it's almost always 2:30pm in Europe. This time they offered multiple venues in some cities, one in the AM one in the PM. Looks like they moved them all to 8:30am. Though the lady from the LSAC said that going forward they'd return to 2:30pm for all tests.

I'm a lot more positive today. It's just the LSAT Gods letting us know nothing else will go wrong.