Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

November LSAT, transitioning from older exams to newer ones

sc1293sc1293 Alum Member
edited October 2018 in General 134 karma

Hello, I decided to postpone the September exam and have been taking 2 PTs a week, starting with the older exams. Since a month ago, I've seen a significant score increase from the early 160s to 170s. I've been scoring 170-174 on the past 5 exams (PT 41-58), but today I gave PT 67 a shot and my score dropped back down to the low 160s. I think it may be because I'm not as familiar with the nuances of the newer exams? Maybe the nerves? I noticed that I missed the easier, single digit questions for the last LR section, which is usually not the case. If anyone has advice regarding transitioning from the older exams to the newer ones, I'd very much appreciate it. Thank you.

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited October 2018 3652 karma

I dont have any really specific advice as I experienced the same thing and the only thing that got my score out of the low-mid 160s was practice. If you're taking the exam in a few weeks then you should be taking practice tests in the 70s and 80s. You should pick a couple PTs at random from the 70s and 80s to rip apart and use for section drilling in between PTs.

• sc1293sc1293 Alum Member
    134 karma

Thanks @oshun1! I started taking 70PTs and my score went back up to the normal range! Looks like PT 67 really hit all my weak spots.