Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Slight shadow on pic- okay? - 7Sage Forum

Slight shadow on pic- okay?

tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
edited October 2018 in General 770 karma

Hey guys, so I don't know how silly this question is. But first time taking the test next month.

I had my SO take a picture of me in my home, in front of a plain wall, for the admission ticket. I really didn't want to shell out 20-25 bucks for a CVS/Walgreens passport photo.

The thing is, even when I take the pic during the daytime, there is a very slight shadow/silhouette of my head on the wall behind me. Is this okay? Otherwise, the actual picture of me is crystal clear, no shadows, nothing. There can be no doubt the pic is of me, for anybody looking at it. I just don't know how anal the people at the test centers are with this sort of thing.

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I’m like 90% positive (probably more) that it’ll be okay. Just follow all the other rules!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

You should be totally fine. No reason to get a passport photo or anything. I had a coworker take my picture on a phone against a plain wall in the office, haven't had any issues. As long as they can clearly see it's you, good photo of your face and fits other requirements, totally fine.

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    770 karma

@LSATcantwin and @"Leah M B" thank you!

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

My ID pic (took the test twice) was a selfie I took against a plain wall. Not too many shadows, though. If you're unsure, you could always just upload a new one. You have plenty of time.

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    1091 karma

I've got in multiple times with the same picture. It had a weird shadow on the wall because we'd just plastered it. Was never an issue for me.