Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law School Application Timeline

bmkln1234bmkln1234 Alum Member

So i took the September LSAT, and i didn't get what i needed, so I will be taking it again in November. I haven't started applying anywhere since my score wasn't high enough, but should i be starting my applications? I already have my letters of recommendation, and I want to have my applications completed by the end of December. How much time should I expect to set aside for the application process, and should I be starting now even though I'm waiting on my next LSAT score?

Comments

• kayyyy95kayyyy95 Alum Member
    95 karma

I'm in basically the same situation - taking the LSAT in November and aiming to have apps done and submitted shortly after we get our scores. Since I'm in the same boat, maybe I'm not the best person to be answering this (lol) but personally, it seems like the application process won't be anywhere near as time consuming as the LSAT (depending on how many schools you're planning on applying to). Considering a lot of schools don't have supplements, completing the applications for most schools should only really be a matter of filling out the actual application and making sure your other components match up to that school's requirements, which I think will take a decent amount of time but not so much that it's not possible to complete by end of December.

Personally, I'm trying to have my Personal Statement/Diversity Statement/Resume basically done by the LSAT, and spend the rest of my time studying for LSAT as much as I can. Since the Personal Statement/Diversity Statement seem like the largest chunks of the application, I'm hoping the time between the LSAT and end of December will be enough time to fill out all the applications themselves/finalize any additional supplements. Maybe I'm underestimating the time/effort it'll end up requiring, but this is the boat we're in so for now, just trying to stay positive and remember it'll all work out. Good luck!