Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summer Language Program Transcript

LSATTTTTTTTLSATTTTTTTT Alum Member
edited October 2018 in Law School Admissions 84 karma

So I took a summer language program, and then two more language programs from Chinese Universities after graduation. In short, these transcripts are super complicated to get and I didn't take any of the classes for credit or towards degree granting program. They were really only for my own language advancement. Do you think I need to get the transcripts for these? The requirements are sort of unclear and I know they won't impact my GPA so it seems like a waste of time. (Two of them will also be in Chinese)

Comments

• EAnn8771EAnn8771 Alum Member
    edited October 2018 126 karma

"Do NOT have a transcript sent from an international institution IF your bachelor’s degree is from a US, US territory/associated state, or Canadian school, and

the total amount of work you completed at all international institutions combined is equal to or less than the equivalent of one year of undergraduate study in the United States, its territories/associated states, or Canada."

https://www.lsac.org/applying-law-school/jd-application-process/cas/requesting/international-transcripts

It sounds to me since you only took it in a summer course (less then a year), and the rest you took after you graduated, those credits would have not applied anyway (unless you're in a graduate program?), so I wouldn't. However, definitely include this on your resume and highlight it! What amazing opportunities they must have been!