Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible to shore up LG points before Nov test?

gettysburggettysburg Alum Member
in General 126 karma

Hi all,

I'm retaking the LSAT in November. I sat for the September test and received a 162. I prepared really ineffectively and only took about 10 PTs altogether with virtually nonexistent BR. I've since changed those habits. I want to break 170 and I know that my main problem is logic games.

During recent PTs, I'll often go -5 to -7 on LG simply because I've run out of time and can't answer all the questions in the last game. Combined with my performance on LR and RC, I end up with scores in the mid to high 160s (most around 167-168). When I BR, I go -0 on LG and my score is in the high 170s with the occasional 180.

Is it possible to improve enough on speed in LG to shore up the points by the Nov. test? Is it too late to start fool proofing? Should I push the Nov. test to a later date?

Comments

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

I don't think its possible to fool-proof fully by November. You can try a condensed version and shoot for November... It's tough for me to give a definitive yes or no because you're already in the mid-to-high 160s and your BR score is pretty high.

I would suggest signing up for January, and keep prepping for November (so fool-proof like crazy) for the next two weeks and see how you are feeling as test day is closer. If you are deadset on 170+ I would probably err towards January just because that gives you more room. If you think you can pull it in November then go for it.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Besides the above advice, have you tried skipping time sink LG questions? Like rule substitution questions?