Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Application Question about the Education Section

Hi guys, I am filling out the applications for schools, and under the Education Section, there is a question that says: "List the academic honors and awards, or other recognitions you have received." Isn't this just a repeat of what you would have on a resume?

Also, does latin honors count in this section?

They ask for a description as well and it's limited to very few words. I was wondering how people gave those descriptions. Thanks so much!

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited October 2018 3652 karma

Yes it is a repeat of the resume and I did not include any of the Latin honors ie cum laude nor did I include phi theta kappa or whatever that pay to get into it society is called. I’m sure some people do though. I would include things such as ..habit for humanity award...for leadership in community service...10/2018

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Yeah it's a repeat. That's just kind of how the apps are. They also ask for your work history, which obviously is on your resume. I did include Latin honors on mine... mostly because I don't have that many honors/awards haha.... pretty much just Latin honors and Dean's List, so I'd rather put those instead of leaving it blank lol.

• UnicornFartsUnicornFarts Alum Member
    222 karma

@"Leah M B" For the work history, does school jobs count? Thanks!

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

@Jenny123 said:
    @"Leah M B" For the work history, does school jobs count? Thanks!

Usually, everything after high school count. Check instructions though.