Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it OK to blind review every LR question?

Gunningfor121Gunningfor121 Alum Member
in General 517 karma

I understand that the downside to this would be that you don't necessarily get accustomed to your own confidence/accuracy (since you aren't circling specific questions to blind review), but I think it may still be a net gain because you're blind reviewing far more questions. Anyone have insight on this?

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

It could be helpful, if you're early in your studying. But I think there are downsides, mainly that you're taking out assessing your confidence errors. It helps to know when you were over- or under-confident on something. For example, if you didn't circle something because you were sure you had it right, it's more enlightening to know that you made an over-confidence error and then BR it. Gives you more data to work with. It also means that as you improve, your BR will take less and less time, because you should be circling fewer questions as you improve your knowledge. That helps your efficiency in studying.

In either case, I definitely think you should still circle the questions you weren't positive on as you take a timed section/test. Because on test day, you can use that to essentially BR during the exam. If you finish with extra time, you know where to go back and review. You should get in the habit of that.

• Gunningfor121Gunningfor121 Alum Member
    517 karma

@"Leah M B" OK, thanks! Good advice