Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Replacement Rule Questions

tina_gktina_gk Alum Member
in Logic Games 125 karma

So I have been seeing a trend in my PT's about Logic Games for Replacement Rule Questions. Let's just say no matter what I do, I never get them right. And also find that those questions, for me at least, are time consuming. Can you guys share some tips or tricks which can help me get the answer correct and in less time?
Thanks!

Comments

• tina_gktina_gk Alum Member
    125 karma

anyone please?

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

No tips or tricks that I can share, but unless you have enough time to finish section you might try skipping and coming back to these. BR your games and prove out the correct answer, then watch J.Y. work through the replacement rule questions and use his methods. The incorrect answers will either be over-inclusive (allow for worlds that were not possible using the original rule) or under-inclusive (knock out worlds that were previously possible using the original rule). With practice you might be able to intuitively seek out the correct answers but I think these questions tend to be kind of time consuming which is why I think you should skip them until you are finishing all the games.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

Hit it or quit it; the worst thing you can do (at this point in your prep) is to work through it meticulously, carefully piecing things together. You're probably going to miss it anyway, so is that really a good investment of time? Absolutely not. Missing one of these in 30 seconds is to be greatly preferred to getting it right in 3 minutes.

That said, there is one trick you can use to dramatically increase your outcomes. Start by just treating them as MBT questions. POE it and then make an educated guess based on what's left. Normally, you will eliminate 2 or 3 just based on the MBT test. Once you've confidently eliminated 3, you can blindly guess between the remaining 2 and have acceptable odds at 50%. Right or wrong, you can use this to answer quickly and to give yourself an excellent shot at a question you otherwise miss every time.