Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SA/PSA and Strengthening questions

Can someone please critique my understanding of the distinction between Strengthen and SA questions?
I think it something like this: strengthen questions merely require introducing a supporting premise or negating a potential weakness. SA/PSA are more specific in that they don't want any random supporting premise but one that links the premises with the conclusion. Essentially, an assumption that from it is sufficient to know the conclusion.
Also, I don't fully get the the difference between SA and PSA questions, and is it really important to know? Examples would be appreciated.

Comments

• AngusMcGillisAngusMcGillis Member
    403 karma

Yeah you've got it. NA,SA, and PSA questions all technically strengthen the argument. The stem could say strengthen, and the correct AC could be a SA AC.

PSA and SA are basically the same thing. SA tends to be more logic heavy, and PSA will blur the lines between terms more than SA. The difference is similar to MBT and MSS