Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinions on testing centers filling up

LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member

Somebody is probably also in this boat. I took the November test and feel pretty ok that I got a goal score. But who knows? I want to register for the January test to secure a good testing site (live in NYC...:some are dreadful), but I don’t want to burn 150$ if I drop out because I got a plenty good enough score for my goals. (Also, LSAC isn’t offering a 100% refund for November test takers like they have in the past)). So here’s the question: anyone have experience with a good testing center closing on them? I called LSAC today and they said the testing center I want (Queens College) has 300 seats left. I’m guessing that enrollment is going to skyrocket the day scores come out. Anybody else monitoring January testing centers?

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I wasn't able to test where I wanted for the September test. I had to drive to a city a little more than an hour away. I was lucky enough to have a friend who lived there and was also taking the LSAT, but it could have really sucked. I think that if you were PTing consistently in your goal score range and you feel good about test day, it's probably okay to not register. If it would give you a lot of peace of mind to register, I think it's worth the potential of losing the money (because it's not really lost- it gave you that peace of mind).