Employment section - same job/multiple hours

In the generic Employment section of schools' online applications you list all your jobs, including internships. Because of the way you fill in the information, you aren't able to list one job with multiple hours worked (e.g. lower hours for a while when studying, then back to normal hours).

How do you handle working the same job but with periods of different hours? Do you list the same job twice with different hours? Just list one job but using your current hours? Any tips? It feels a little misleading just using current hours, but then it feels really silly putting the same job twice (as if you're trying to make yourself look busier than you are..?)

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

Yeah, I ran into this as well. I listed the same job twice using the different hours. Just make sure the dates line up right.

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    1091 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    Yeah, I ran into this as well. I listed the same job twice using the different hours. Just make sure the dates line up right.

Yeah, this might be the safest thing (with full disclosure in mind). Either way, I have emailed a couple of T14 schools to see what they say. I'll feedback with anything useful.